Empowerment Options provides residential services
for people with developmental disabilities. Our objective is to teach individuals
daily life skills and vocational skills in order to help them achieve a maximum level of independence.
We employ people with a variety of skills, experience, and education. We offer
the following career opportunities.
Direct Care Staff provide personal, individual care to our clients
as they complete daily activities (i.e. take medications, learn life skills,
participate in social activities). Tasks also include driving clients to and
from day habilitation activities. The person hired for this type of position
must have an unlimited amount of patience and compassion as well as a strong
desire to assist others in reaching their maximum potential. Our direct care
staff positions include part-time and full-time opportunities:
Support staff positions:
- Morning Support - (part-time) Monday through Friday, 6am to 10am.
- Evening Support -
- (full-time) Monday through Friday, 8-hour shifts: 2pm to 10pm.
- (part-time) Monday through Friday, 4-hour shifts: 6pm to 10pm.
- Overnight Staff - Sunday through Tuesday or Thursday through Saturday,
and every other Wednesday. These are 12-hour shifts, 10pm to 10am.
- Weekend Support - Every weekend or every other weekend. Two shifts
are available: 10am to 6pm and 10am to 10pm.
- Weekend Live-In - Friday evening through Sunday evening, 48-hour
shifts. Sleep is allowed for this position. Shifts can be every weekend or
every other weekend. Every weekend results in full-time status and an automatic
8 hours per week of overtime.
- Supported Home Living Providers - Full and part time positions. Provide one-on-one
interaction with clients for skills training and social activities.
- House Management staff - In addition to providing direct care to individuals,
house managers are charged with the operational functions of the group homes and the supervision
of direct care staff. Our house management staff positions include:
- House Manager - Manages a home with 4-6 beds. Two years of directly
related residential experience working with mentally challenged persons or
elderly care with management experience is required. Behavioral and health
experience is an asset. Salary is negotiable.
- House Manager II - Manages two or more group homes. Previous experience
managing group homes is required.
- Live-In House Manager - Manages
a 3-person group home. Previous management experience working with intellectually disabled individuals is required. Wage is $35-$40K/year, plus room and board.
Number of weekends off is negotiable.
- Service Managers - Provide support
services to individuals. Includes initial screenings, intake assessment,
service plan implementations, referral, linkage, and management of staff.
- Quality Mental Retardation Professional
(QMRP) - Coordinates and ensures the implementation of the plan of
care as defined by the individual and his/her team. Supervises staff.
- Administrative Support - Performs
a combination of clerical tasks such as maintaining records, preparing reports
and answering the phone. Must have demonstrated clerical or secretarial experience.
- Foster Care Program Providers
- Empowerment Options matches providers to people with developmental disabilities
who desire a foster care living environment. As a provider, you would care for
someone in your home on a continual basis. Each provider is allowed to have
up to 3 individuals in their home and is reimbursed a daily rate plus room and
board. Empowerment Options provides training and program oversight in order
to assure that our individuals receive the highest quality of service. If you
are interested in learning more about becoming a Foster Care Provider, click
here to learn more about the program, or click here
to contact us.
- Empowerment Options contracts with the licensed professionals for the provision of various services such as:
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED, have a good driving record
(less than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years), and be able to lift a minimum
of 51 pounds. In addition, applicants must have a clean criminal history and
not be listed on the Texas Misconduct Registry, Nurse Aide Registry, or Medication
Aide Registry. Empowerment Options offers medical and life insurance, a 401(k)
plan, and paid leave for full-time positions.
For details regarding these openings, please contact one of our offices:
512.338.4493, ext 0
936.756.6350, ext. 0
Empowerment Options is a drug-free work place. We reserve the right to conduct
pre-employment and on-going drug testing. Empowerment Options is an Equal